Alex Grech's blog

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Spots

Jacob has chicken pox.

Liz texted me while I was at rehearsals, in the middle of a heated discussion on censorship. A militant member of the Malta Censorship Board has taken umbridge to 'derogatory references to Jesus Christ in the play Dinner' and has ordered Irene, the producer, to make cuts. Frank, the German director, thinks it is a big joke and said that although cuts would be made, they would not be the ones referring to Jesus.

My communications & PR brain is spinning on how to leak the censorship threat to the press and drum up some interest in the play.

I drive back home on two wheels, dwelling on chicken pox and the responsibilities of fatherhood.

I will call my father tomorrow to establish if I have contracted chicken pox before.

No comments: